Day 1: Sunday : Board the Maharaja Express train at Delhi - Agra
Begin your journey with a grand welcome at the Safdarjung Railway Station,Delhi.The Maharajas' Express then proceeds to Agra. The luxurious Golden Triangle tour begins with the alluring city of Agra and you will visit The Taj Mahal- the iconic cenotaph of famous Mughal queen, Mumtaz Mahal. You can then either choose to return to the comforts of Maharajas' Express or can get a closer look at the Mughal era with "Mohabbat-e-Taj Show" or visit Itamd â€“Ud â€“ Daula or Spa at a 5-star hotel as an optional activity.With a sumptuous on board dinner the palatial train stays in Agra only.
Day 2 :Monday : Agra - Ranthambore
Begin your day with an onboard breakfast and treat yourself to global delicacies at train's thematically designed restaurants - Mayur Mahal and Rang Mahal. After breakfast proceed to visit the Agra Fort" or may choose to visit the "jewel box" of Mughal architecture, Itmad-Ud-Daula as an optional activity. Afterwards return to the comforts of Maharajas' Express for an onboard lunch and train leaves for Sawai Madhopur. Upon arrival in Sawai Madhopur you will proceed for an exciting game drive at Ranthambore National Park, the second city in Treasures of India tour. After return from the game drive you will enjoy an Indian Evening on-board followed by a lavish onboard dinner.The Maharajas' Express then leaves for the next destination in its golden triangle tour- Jaipur, the pink city of India.
Day 3 : Tuesday : Jaipur
After the on-board breakfast you can proceed to visit the Amber Fort or may choose from the optional activities such as :
- Spa facilities at a 5-star hotel
- Exclusive private shopping tour
- Golfing at Rambagh Golf Club
- Visit to the grandiose City Palace and The Observatory, colloquially known as Jantar Mantar and is based on traditional Indian principles of astronomy.
- Later return back to the comforts of Maharajas' Express and enjoy on-board lunch. Post lunch you may relax onboard or may choose the above mentioned optional services (subject to availability). Post-lunch proceed to City Palace or Jai Mahal Palace for an exclusive Elephant activities where you have an opportunity to decorate them with vibrant paints, feed them or take a regal ride.The Treasures of India tour also showcases the beauty of Indian culture and on the last night you can enjoy an Enthralling & Traditional Kalbelia dance performance followed by a splendid dinner. The Maharajas' Express then leaves for Delhi, the terminus of the luxurious golden triangle tour.
Day 4 : Wednesday : Delhi
Have an on-board Breakfast and bid farewell to the Maharajas' Express as Treasures of India tour comes to an end.